Earlier this week I showed you a Simple Cilantro Lime Dressing and I told you I would be bringing you a yummy snack to use with it.
And here it is…
Loaded Baked Fries with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
I am drooling right now just writing this post, wishing I had more of these fries right now.
Fries are seasoned and tossed in oil before going into the oven. Once they are done, they are salted before being topped with cilantro lime dressing, additional cilantro and fresh jalapeño.
And that’s just the starting point.
These would be great with some beans or sautéed soy chorizo added to the mix.
Treat these fries like nachos – just add your favorite toppings. Or, if your feeling minimalistic, do what I did, and just keep them simple. You really can’t go wrong here.
I mentioned in the dressing recipe that you can thin it out or leave it thick for a more dip like consistency. For these fries, I left it a little thicker so it would adhere to the fries better.
You could also put the dressing on the side – I feel like that’s the more polite thing to do, but if I’m eating these solo (or with the bf), I have no problem just pouring it over the top and getting my fingers in there 🙂
These would be perfect for a game day snack or even a fry bar – set out all of the toppings, and have everyone make their own fry “nachos”.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 tbsp. oil (vegetable or sunflower)
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- salt, to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro lime dressing
- cilantro, chopped, for topping
- jalapeno, sliced, for topping
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with non stick spray.
- Cut your potato into the fry shape of your choice (I like long skinny fries). Just make sure they are all uniform. Place fries in a bowl and toss with oil, paprika, pepper and cumin.
- Spread fries on baking sheet, making sure they aren't too close together.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes (or until crispy).
- Remove from oven and immediately toss with salt.
- Move to a plate and top with dressing (to taste), cilantro and jalapenos.