Creamy Orecchiette with Asparagus and Prosciutto. Now that’s a mouth full – saying it AND eating it.
The name really says it all though.
This pasta is creamy, salty and just plain good. The flavors are simple and complex at the same time. I don’t know if that makes sense to you, but when you taste it you’ll understand.
I think the ingredients in this are relatively plain, but when you combine them you get amazing-ness in a bowl.
It seems like a lot of recipes I see online these days have 1,398,482 ingredients. And I’m guilty of making recipes like that too. But sometimes, you just need something simple. Something you don’t have to go to Whole Foods for to find that rare olive oil that’s only available 2 months of the year….haha. I promise you, you will find everything for this recipe at your local store.
This meal is easy enough to throw together during the week, but…I personally like saving a recipe like this for the weekend, when I can sit down and enjoy it with a glass of wine and a good movie.
Whats your favorite weekend recipe?
- 8 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10-15 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut in 3 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, separated
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, separated
- pepper to taste
- 2-3 slices of prosciutto
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook orecchiette according to package instructions.
- While orecchiette is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until garlic is fragrant – about 30 seconds. Add chopped asparagus and cook until asparagus is slightly tender – about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Set oven to broil, place prosciutto on foil-lined baking sheet, and cook until crispy – about 5 minutes. Remove and break (or cut) prosciutto into small pieces.
- When orecchiette is finished cooking, drain and set aside.
- Put a sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and 1/2 cup of whipping cream to pan and cook until butter is melted and cream is heated through. Add cooked pasta to pan and stir to combine. Add 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese and remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Stir until parmesan is melted. Add asparagus and prosciutto* to the pan and stir to combine.
- Plate pasta and top each serving with remaining parmesan cheese.