I’ve been having a bit of a wrap obsession lately and this Asian Chick’n Wrap with Spicy Tahini Sauce is definitely my new favorite.
Faux chicken strips are sautéed with teriyaki sauce until they have a nice caramelized and crispy crust and then they are wrapped up with spring salad mix, sweet peppers, jalapeño and a spicy tahini sauce.
I used Beyond Meat “chicken” strips for this recipe, which I totally recommend. They are lightly seasoned, so they can easily take on any flavor you are working with. And for any meat eaters wondering if it actually tastes like chicken, let me calm those fears by telling you, it really does!
My boyfriend literally oohed and aahed over this wrap – he couldn’t stop talking about how good the chick’n was.
I sautéed the chick’n in Trader Joe’s Soyaki sauce, but you can use teriyaki sauce if that is all you have.
While the chick’n is cooking, the spicy tahini sauce comes together in a couple minutes. Just combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If you don’t have tahini on hand, peanut butter will work too – they have very similar tastes.
Once your chick’n is done, layer all of the remaining ingredients in a tortilla and wrap it up. Serve it with the remaining sauce and you are good to go.
This is a perfect lunch. Serve it with a side salad or some fries.
- For the Chicken
- 1 tsp. sunflower oil (or olive oil)
- 8 strips Beyond Meat “Chicken”
- 2 tbsp. soyaki sauce (or teriyaki sauce)
- For the Tahini Sauce
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil (sunflower or vegetable)
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 jalapeño
- water, as needed
- For the Wrap
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. spicy tahini sauce
- 2 cups spring salad mix
- 3 small sweet peppers, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat. Add chick’n strips to the pan and sauté until no longer frozen (about 4 minutes per side) and browned. Add soyaki sauce to the pan and allow to caramelize on the chick’n, turning regularly (for about 1 minute). Remove the pan from the heat and set chick’n aside.
- While chick’n is cooking, prepare the spicy tahini sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients (except the water) in a high speed blender, and blend until combined and smooth. Add water if needed for desired consistency. Pour sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of spicy tahini sauce down the center of each tortilla. Top each with salad mix, chick’n strips, sweet peppers and jalapeños. Fold 2 sides of the tortilla in and fold over. Slice each wrap in half.
- Serve with remaining spicy tahini sauce. Enjoy!